REESE’S PUFFS KAWSPUFFS CONTEST
Void where prohibited by law. A purchase or payment of any kind will not increase your chances of winning.
Winners are solely responsible for all federal, state, and local taxes and any additional costs, fees and/or expenses associated with the actual retail value the prize as may be required.
Sponsor: General Mills Sales, Inc., One General Mills Blvd., Minneapolis, MN 55426.
1. Eligibility. The REESE’S PUFFS cereal KAWSPuffs Contest is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are at least 13 years of age at the time of entry. Employees of Sponsor, Administrator, or any promotion, advertising, judging or public relations company doing business with any of the above or any of their respective parent and affiliate companies as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible to enter. The Contest is subject to applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. Participation in the Contest constitutes your full and unconditional agreement to be bound by these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
2. Timing. The Contest begins Monday, November 15, 2021 and ends Sunday, February 27, 2022 (“Contest Period”) and consists of fifteen (15) weeklong entry periods (“Weekly Entry Periods”) and fifteen (15) Bonus Entry Periods (“Bonus Entry Periods”) for a total of thirty (30) entry periods (collectively, “Entry Periods”). Sponsor’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Contest. Each Weekly Entry Period will begin at 12:00 am CT on the designated start date and end at 11:59 am CT of the designated end date but will exclude a three-hour window from 8:00 am CT through 10:59 am CT on the Saturday within the Weekly Entry Period, which will be its own additional Entry Period (“Bonus Entry Period”).
WEEKLY ENTRY PERIODS:
|Weekly Entry Period
|Start Date (at 12:00 am CT)
|End Date (at 11:59 pm CT)
BONUS ENTRY PERIODS:
|Bonus Entry Period
|Start Date (at 8:00 am CT)
|End Date (at 11:00 am CT)
3. How to Enter. To enter during the Contest Period, entrants must download the KAWSPuffs app (the “App”) from iOS App/Google Play Store. Entrants must open the App and completely fill out the registration, including submitting their name and email address. Entrants will be sent an email confirmation that they must click “Accept” in order to be entered into the Contest.
After confirming their email address through the confirmation email, entrants can create their username upon returning to the App and begin to play KAWSPuffs. An entrant must create a unique user name in order to enter the Contest. Entrants tap RESSE’S PUFFS cereal pieces with a finger on their phone/tablet screen to score points and keep the KAWS companion from sinking into the REESE’S Peanut Butter Cup filled with milk. Once the KAWS companion completely sinks into the REESE’S Cup, the screen will display “Game Over” and one game play (“Game Play”) is complete. An entrant’s score is represented next to the REESE’S PUFFS icon in the upper right-hand portion of the App game screen throughout the Game Play. If the entrant’s score during a single Game Play is their highest during the Entry Period, that score will automatically be eligible for the Contest (the “Entry”). An entrant can only have one Entry during an Entry Period.
In no case will a score from a Game Play that occurs on the KAWSPuffs web app be considered an Entry into the Contest; only Game Plays that occur in the App will be eligible. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. Released Parties (as defined in Section 9, below) are not responsible for lost, late, stolen, damaged, incomplete, invalid, un-intelligible, garbled, delayed or misdirected Entries. In the event of a dispute as to who submitted an Entry, the authorized account holder of the email address used to enter will be deemed to be the entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Potential winners may be required to show proof of being an authorized account holder.
By playing the Game, you agree that your Game Play and scoring conforms to these Official Rules and that Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may disqualify your Entry for any reason at any time, including if it determines, in its sole discretion, that your Entry fails to conform to these Official Rules. If the App or Game fails for any reason, any Entry received during that time will be deemed a defective Entry. In no case will a screen shot of a score from a Game Play be considered an eligible Entry, even if the App or Game fails for any reason.
4. Judging. The sole criterion for this Contest is single Game Play scores in the KAWSPuffs mobile app. The highest ten (10) scores in each Entry Period and the highest two (2) scores in each Bonus Entry Period will be eligible to win a Prize. Entrants can play the game as frequently as the wish, but only their single high score during the applicable Entry Period will be eligible to compete for a Prize. After the end of an Entry Period, entrants with the highest scores during that Entry Period will receive an email indicating their scores have qualified them for a prize. Game plays from one Entry Period are not eligible to receive a Prize from another Entry Period. During the Contest Period, a leaderboard will reflect the players with the all time highest scores, which many not necessarily be the highest scores for any Entry Period.
5. Verification of Potential Winners. Potential winners (“Potential Winner”) will be notified within 48 hours after an Entry Period ends. Each Potential Winner may be required to sign an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability & Publicity Release (unless prohibited) (“Affidavit”), which must be returned by Potential Winner and received by Sponsor within 72 hours of the Affidavit being sent. If a Potential Winner cannot be contacted, fails to execute and return the Affidavit within the required time period (if applicable), or a Prize is returned as undeliverable, Potential Winner forfeits the prize. In the event that a Potential Winner is disqualified for any reason, fails or refuses to claim his or her Prize for any reason, or a Prize is unclaimed, the Prize will be forfeited, and Sponsor will select the entrant with the next highest Game Play score to win a prize, unless such entrant has already won a Prize. Sponsor reserves the right to not award all Prizes in an Entry Period if there are no eligible winners. Prizes will be awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied, offered by Sponsor.
6. Prizes. The prize for winners of the Weekly Entry Period is a limited-edition KAWS REESES’S PUFFS cereal Blue box (Approximate Retail Value: $50). Bonus Entry Period winners will win a SIGNED limited-edition KAWS REESE’S PUFFS cereal box (Approximate Retail Value: $50).
Total Retail Value of all prizing: $9,000.
All federal, state and local taxes and all other costs associated with prize acceptance and use not specified herein as being provided are solely the responsibility of the winners.
7. Prize Restrictions. Limit one (1) prize per person/per email address/per household throughout the Contest Period. Sponsor is not responsible for any mechanical difficulties or failure connected with any prize, or any act or omission whatsoever. No transfer, substitution, or cash equivalent for any prize is allowed except at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole and absolute discretion, to substitute a prize or prize component with a prize of equal or greater value. Prize is non-transferable and may not be given, bartered, substituted, sold, or exchanged for cash or another prize.
All prize details are at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Prize is awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied. All applicable federal, state or local taxes, as well as any other costs and expenses associated with prize acceptance not specified herein as being provided are the responsibility of the winner. If eligible winner is deemed a minor in his/her state of residence, Sponsor reserves the right to award such prize in the name of his/her parent or legal guardian, who will be responsible for fulfilling all requirements imposed on winner set forth herein.
8. Release. By receipt of any prize, you agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, and its respective subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising, agencies, and prize suppliers, and each of their respective parent and affiliate companies and each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any losses, damages, rights, claim or cause of action of any kind arising, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, out of your participation in the Contest or resulting directly or indirectly, from your acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize awarded in connection with the Contest.
9. General Conditions. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Contest, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Contest, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. In such event, Sponsor reserves the right to award the prizes at random from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. No more than the stated number of prizes in these official rules will be awarded. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or who acts in violation of these Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner.
WARNING: Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
10. Limited Liability. The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrant, by printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited, to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any aspect of the Contest; (4) printing, typographical, technical, computer, network or human error which may occur in the announcement of the prizes or in any Contest-related matter or materials; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from participation in the Contest and/or downloading of any materials related to this Contest. If for any reason an Entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant’s sole remedy is another Entry in the Contest.
11. Disputes. Except where prohibited, by participating, entrant agrees that: (i) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest or any prizes awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court or the appropriate Minnesota State Court located in Minneapolis, Minnesota; (ii) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (iii) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Minnesota, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Minnesota or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Minnesota.
13. Winner List. For Rules or a winner list, visit cereals.generalmills.com/KPContestrules. The winner list will be posted after winner confirmation is complete.
ABBREVIATED RULES FOR USE ON WEBSITE LANDING PAGE
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Open only to legal residents of the United States, 13 years of age or older. Contest ends 2/26/2022 at 11:59 pm CT. Void where prohibited. See Official Rules for details.